Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Conference

I love when General Conference time comes around. For one, I get the rare luxury of not having to get myself and June ready for 9 am church. For another, I get to listen to our dear prophet and other general authority leaders give talks that always leave me inspired to do better. We watched most of the sessions at our own house. I'd like to tell you that the picture below is of June diligently watching Conference, but I think she was tuned right in to Elmo at the time. For the Sunday afternoon session we headed out to my parents house. It was such a beautiful day after the meeting was over that we went outside to play for a bit. June loved to go high on the swing, and to jump on the tramp with Rose.


Sean got to shoot pop cans with the BB gun, and me and Sean defeated Rose and my dad in a round of Bocce Ball. It is so nice to enjoy the Spring weather. Just two days ago it snowed about 6 inches, so I was just grateful to be outside again. Hopefully we will have more days like today in the future, but we live in Idaho so anything is possible.


4 comments:

Lori Harris said...

I agree with you... Conference and spring weather are the best. June is a little girl, I can't believe how she just grew up before our eyes!! She is truly a doll.

Colby and Lyndsey said...

Conference was really good! June is so cute! and Rose is such a beautiful young woman! She gets prettier everytime i see a new picture of her! Tell your family we say hi and we miss you guys! Love you!

Robison's said...

We were outside also after the meeting. How can you keep a kid indoors in the nice weather expecially when it snowed two days ago.

Katie M. said...

We had a great conference weekend too. We can't wait to have a great Easter weekend too. See you Saturday!