Friday, January 29, 2010

January

I thought January would be the month that would drag by for me, but surprisingly it has gone by quickly. I visited Sean over the New Year holiday and got back on the 3rd, and since then I have just been with my kids. I am proud to report that June is potty trained!!! I am tickeled pink that she has it down now, and that I don't have to buy diapers for two kids. June continues to be my joy each day - yes she has her two year old moments, but she is so much fun to be around that I tend to forget about the rough spots.

Here are some of the highlights from our month. Here is June in her new Dora jammies (the fabulous wand came with them), she loves them and would wear them all day if I let her. Here she is the morning after lathering her hair up with the bum cream. I seriously washed it out (or so I thought) the night before, but this is what I woke up to. It took 5 long days and multiple tubs before her beautiful hair went back to normal. Two year olds are FUN.
In other news, my brother Preston turned 20. He is serving his mission in Brazil, but I made a cake for him anyways.

And here is my baby Jack up on all fours. He is so dang close to crawling. He gets up and starts rocking, but no forward motion just yet. I know it won't be too long before he takes off. He is as sweet as ever and he melts my heart with those big blue eyes.






7 comments:

Jerai Moulton said...

Congrats on the potty training. Very impressive. I'll be calling you with some tips in about a year!

Colby and Lyndsey said...

Love the jammies! June is so beautiful! Love the hair do! I can't believe Jack is about to crawl he is getting so big! Glad to hear the family is doing well! Love you

Brooke said...

Oh so cute! Thanks for the update. I love the bit about june and the bum cream! :)

Lori Harris said...

Yea! For June to be potty trained!!! Crazy hair with the bum cream. Got to love the crazy 2's. I love it!!

Amy and Clark said...

Great updates. The kids are as cute as ever. Hope your hubby is doing well!

Kambria said...

Good work lady you got one kid out of diapers, however, it still sounds like she likes the bum cream! Glad to hear that you guys are doing well miss you!

kate said...

oh my.. i was just laughing out loud at the bum cream picture. she is such a nut! way to go on the potty training pearl!! was it tough?? I am half dreading, half excited to get to that stage.
can't believe jack is almost crawling! so cute.. love you tons!!