Sunday, May 16, 2010

San Diego Trip

A couple weeks ago I really wanted to go on a little family vacation to San Diego, and because Sean loves me he agreed. It had been 15 years since I had been there, so I was excited to be going back. We took the kids to the zoo. It is a massive place with all kinds of cool animals. My favorites were the giraffes, elephants, and the polar bear. June liked the flamingos the best - she kept reminding me that they stand on one leg! It was a lot of fun and I think the kids liked it. Here is June standing on one leg with her favorite animals.
Our next stop was the beach. Really this was my main reason for wanting to go to San Diego. I love the ocean, and I have been longing to go back. It had been 8 years since I swam in "the big blue." It was Sean and the kids first experience with the ocean, and we had a great time. Here is my Jack relaxing on the sand.

Jack got pretty cold after being in the water and wanted to be held after that. I didn't mind - we just walked along the beach and found sand dollars.


June wasn't really interested in the water, but she loved the sand. She made sand castles, but her favorite thing was when dad made her into a mermaid. She LOVED it - I think she really thought she was a mermaid.







No comments: