Monday, November 1, 2010

San Diego

Sean didn't get to go on our family vacation to Disneyland, and he felt a bit left out so we planned another mini-vacation to San Diego with just the four of us. We stayed at a pretty nice hotel that was right on the bay across from Coronado Island. This was the view from our room. We went to the beach the first day that we got there. June loved picking up sea shells and putting them in her bucket.
I love the ocean at sunset, it just looks so pretty. Here I am with June and Jack.


We spent that evening in downtown San Diego. We hopped on one of those "bike cart" things and the girl who was pedaling took us on a tour. She dropped us off at a good seafood restaurant that was right on the water. I am not a huge seafood fan, but I liked the fish I ordered. The next day we went to Seaworld. I had not been since I was 11, so really it was like seeing it again for the first time. The kids liked seeing the animals and June was braver than she was at Disneyland with the characters. She loved meeting Elmo and Zoe.

They had a great new dolphin show called Blue Horizons that was very good. It had accrobates and divers, plus the dolphins and a few whales. Of course we went and saw the Shamu show, Believe. It was a fun trip and I'm glad Sean got to join us on this vacation :)



No comments: