Monday, November 17, 2008

Back to one child

Last week I had the pleasure of babysitting a family I know from my old home ward. The mom and dad got to go on a cruise, and I got to watch their 5 kids. It really was a lot of fun, and the kids were very good to me. The oldest was 14 and the youngest was 3, plus I had my own 18 month little angel with me. We went swimming, watched movies in their sweet theatre room, baked brownies and cakes, played and watched their basketball games, played Mario Kart Wii, built forts, did homework, and lots of other stuff in between. Below is two of the kids with their "decorated to the extreme" brownies. June and Max were home with me during the day while the other 4 went to school. We read lots of books together, watched cartoons, played outside, went to the library, and were the best of buds. The kids got along so good together, and June is really missing Max now that we are back home. I think my sweetheart needs a playmate other than her boring old mom.
It was fun to have 6 kids for eight days, but I don't think I am ready for that many children all of the time - hopefully quintuplets are not in my future!!!!!




6 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your babysitting. Sounds like you are about the coolest babysitter ever!

Amber M said...

Wow sounds like fun. You must be like the coolest baby sitter ever. Fo sure!

Lori Harris said...

Wow! You were supernanny and survived, you must be a pretty good babysitter.

Amber M said...

Hey sorry we didn't tell you about twilight party (whoot) anyways we wanted to go the day after thanksgiving in the afternoon sometime. Would that work for you. We planed it the game night at my house and I spaced letting you in. I promise it wasn't what it seemed :) Please forgive us! Let me know if you are in. We need to get tickets fairly soon I think you know just in case. Have a good day!

Mattsmom said...

OH PLEASE say you will come to Twilight with us! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Next time I go on a cruise, I will have to ask you to babysit my kids! HAHAHA!

YOU DO ROCK!

Jerai Moulton said...

I always felt so grateful after we babysat Phil's family that kids came one at a time and that they come as babies!! Hopefully we'll get to see you guys soon! It's been too long!