Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines

One of the great things we did this year for Valentines Day was to cook our own dinner. We did this once before and we found that it was much cheaper, and the food was just as good - if not better than at a restaurant. This years menu consisted of thick and juicy steaks, garlic cheese bread, green salad, red raspberry punch, and chocolate dipped strawberries. The food all turned out delectable. I also set a stunning Valentines table - conversation heart center pieces, candles, fancy dishes and goblets, pedestal platters, cloth napkins, you know, the works. I wanted to post a picture, but my computer is at the moment not letting me, so I will try again later.

The best part of Valentines Day was being with my two sweethearts. They are the loves of my life and in many ways they define who I am. I thought I would list just a few reasons why I love them so much.

June
She comes and snuggles with me in the morning.
Singing and dancing are two of her favorite things to do.
Her "cheeser" grin in classic.
Her hugs and kisses continue to melt my heart every time.
There is not a cuter girl out there.

Sean
He is a manly man.
Always is trying to make me laugh.
Loves me even when I look ROUGH
He is forever patient.
Is a great Daddy.
He is one good looking guy!

7 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm not sure I like that you think sean is good looking... wouldn't that apply to my husband too?? Just kidding of course.

There is just something special about a home cooked meal with the extra effort to make it special. Tons better than from a restaurant... although I didn't go quite as all out. I don't even own cloth napkins or fancy platters or some of those other fancy things you listed. I'm excited to see a picture.

kate said...

happy valentines to you guys :) sounds like it was a good night!

love you lots girly! how's that little baby bump treating ya? are you feeling good?

miss you!

Lori Harris said...

What a great Valentines. You have such a cute little family. Take care.

Katie M. said...

Delicious! I am sure you had a wonderful time. I am even more sure it looked even prettier than it tasted, if that is even possible. I am anxiously waiting for the picture to prove it! LOL

Mattsmom said...

LOL to Margaret's comment. Does that mean that you think Brett is hot too? *snicker*

You are SO AWESOME! I do want to see a pic! I can only imagine how elegant it was. I am sure it was amazing!

kate said...

i CANT WAIT to find out if your new little love is a boy or girl! text me when you know! i'm saying... BOY.

ps. glad to know im not the only one looking rough at times :) and oh how i love to remember the wonderful line, "geeze, i've never seen them look so rough!" hehee. love you!

Amber M said...

I do know for a fact the Rammell women do know how to set a mean table scape. No Tupperware here.