Saturday, November 7, 2009

Change

On Monday Sean called me and said, "Guess who I just talked to." I said, "the Border Patrol" and he replied "yes."

We have been waiting for some time now for this call, but when it came we were still shocked. For one, Sean was told that he needs to report for orientation on the 16th of November (that's next week). Number two, we also were informed that it is mandatory dormitory style living and that families are not encouraged to move to the area. With that said, we had a big decision to make in one day (the Border Patrol guy gave Sean 24 hrs to give him an answer). I was excited and scared all at the same time. This is our life, and this decision will effect our family forever. We love where we live - all of our family is pretty much right here. We grew up here, and this is what we know and where we feel comfortable.

I think Sean and I both knew what our answer was going to be. We both thought about it all day and came to the same conclusion - we were taking the job! The days following have been a bit of a whirlwind. We now have to pack up and move. Sean will be moving down to New Mexico to the Border Patrol Training Academy, and me and my kids will be moving in with my parents until Sean is done with training in April (yes, that is a very long time to be separated from each other :( ). After training our next stop will be Yuma, AZ for about 10 months and then up to Northern Idaho!! We are excited about the places we will be stationed. It will be a huge change for us, but we look forward to the challenge. After all, this life isn't always about being comfortable - we are here to grow, learn, and become better people. We are taking a giant step forward into a place we have never been, but we have faith that this is the right move for us, and that good things will come out of this. Wish us luck!!!!

12 comments:

Sarah, RN said...

Wow!!! What a big decision and what an exciting new adventure. I am so happy for you guys. Yuma is really not that far from me :) Mike loves the sand dunes there so now I will have an excuse to want to go along !!!

awesome for you guys. love you much and congrats. you're in my prayers.

Lori Harris said...

Wow!! That is a big change, but hopefully great one. Good luck to Sean with his training, I'm sure that it will be intense. I'm glad that you're moving in with your parents. Good luck to you both!!

Colby and Lyndsey said...

Wow! New Mexico and Yuma! We will have to come and visit you when you are in Yuma thats not to far away from us! Hey we are even close to New Mexico out here in Queen Creek! Congrats on this new journey you guys are about to take! Im sorry that you wont get to see Shawn for a while don't worry it will fly by! Love you and can't wait to see you soon!

Jerai Moulton said...

Caroline, I feel like I can totally relate to your situation! It is so scary to start out on a new adventure, but exciting at the same time! Good luck and make sure to keep us all updated on your new adventures!!

Can I do anything to help you with the move? Please let me know!!

Kambria said...

That is a big change, but a fun new adventure for you guys. Congrats to you both! I bet that your parents are glad that they will get to spend some time with you before you leave!

I sure love you guys and wish you the best! Can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving!

Taryn said...

uh.. holy cow...big change is right! Your great perspective on it being an adventure is going to keep you going while you are separated that long. The end result of your adventure sounds awesome. Northern Idaho is beautiful!
Good Luck and keep us posted!

bergesonbs said...

How exciting! What a big big change, but at least it's now when the kids are little enough where change can be easier where they really don't have too much of an opionion about it :) Good luck on your adventures!

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is a crazy story! Good luck with all the moving! You will love Yuma ;) hehe Love ya! I am so excited for you guys!

Kelltie said...

I'm very excited for you guys! Oh the adventure! I hope everything goes well and goes as planned for you guys! Good luck dear!!!

Mattsmom said...

While I am devastated about the move, I understand. We will miss you. I for one CAN NOT WAIT for you to get to Northern Idaho. I can guarantee you that Craig and I will be making visits to the motherland. We both hope that you love it so much that it becomes your "motherland" like it is ours! So, yes...what I am saying is that I am a tad jealous! Love ya!

Amber M said...

You guys are very brave. I am glad that things are working out for you (albeit quick). We will miss the dickens out of you though.

And even though your at your parents, don't hesitate to ask if you need anything.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you! That will definitely be an adventure!