Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Extreme Camping

The annual Marshall camp out was over the weekend, and we had such a great time. I will be the first one to admit it, but before I became a Marshall I wasn't much of a camper. The Marshall's have changed my way of thinking though. Camping is down right fun when you are with them. Our campsite was up near Spencer Idaho, and even though it was a little on the dusty side, it was a very scenic spot. We went on lots of 4-wheeler rides, tried out my nieces new dirt bike (which totally rocked), got into water fights (Sean and I have killer squirt guns so we were the King and Queen of the water wars), ate way to much camp food, stayed up late chatting after all the kids had gone to bed, fished, and competed in an obstacle course on the 4-wheeler where you had to balance a cup of water while riding. Needless to say, there was always something going on.

One of the new things we did this year was a skit night. Every family did one or two skits, and it was very entertaining. The picture above is of three of my sister-in-laws, my niece, and me (I'm in the middle) dancing to "Summer Time" from High School Musical 2. We could hardly breath in those pillow cases, but it was a blast. Sean and I did a "Cool and Creamy" skit where we sang and then covered each other with shaving cream. We got very messy, but the kids loved it.
My June was a good little camper. She got very dirty, and she loved every minute of it (until I tried to clean her up). I loved this shot of her in the wild flowers - my little pretty next to all of the little pretties out in the wild.

9 comments:

Kelltie said...

How fun!!! It looks like you had so much fun that I wish I was there! And June is so pretty sitting there with all the flowers! That is a beautiful picture!

Shauna said...

looks life fun! and june is too cute!!

Mattsmom said...

It was a blast. I wish we could do it all over again! I loved that we had so many "planned" activities this year...like the pie eating contests and skit night.

bergesonbs said...

I am so glad you got my address from kams. Thanks for finding me, cause I wouldn't have known where to begin to find you. I don't mind at all, we are family!. We are going to be headed your way in August. We have to stop by and see you all.

Lori Harris said...

What a fun time camping. I can't believe how fast June is growing up.

Kambria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kambria said...

You kids are always doing something fun. We are thinking about coming up your way the first week of August. It would be a blast to see you guys. Love ya tons.

Emily said...

You are so great! my idea of camping is renting a house in the mountains. But you make it look pretty fun. guess i should at least try it once for my kids sake.

Robison's said...

That looks like so much fun.
I can't believe you had matching t-shirts. The dirt bike looks just your size. You all look to cute.