Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Green Thumb?

I am pleased to say, that our garden has been pretty successful this year. Last year it was a disaster - something about having a brand new baby distracted me from taking care of the garden. June loves the garden now, mostly eating the peas, but she helps me pull weeds too. It isn't very big, but we planted peas, two kinds of onions, carrots, radishes, pumpkins, watermelon, and some peppers. Our favorite are the peas and these first two pictures are of June picking her own peas.
I was picking some carrots the other day and to my surprise I pulled up a white carrot. Sean and I both tasted it, and it tasted just like a normal carrot, but we thought it was kinda bazaar so we took a picture.

These last two pictures are kind of random, but I liked them. The one above is of Sean and June licking the beaters after I was done making peanut butter bars. And the bottom one is of June sleeping in the car seat after a long day (I love that her arm is up like it is). She had been with grandma and grandpa while we went to Batman, and I guess she had played too hard with Rose. What a sweetheart!!

7 comments:

Lori Harris said...

Good work on the garden. June is just growing up so fast.

Kelltie said...

I'd say you've got a green thumb! I'm very impressed! I love the June likes to pick her own peas too! What fun you guys must have all day!

Kim said...

Hey Caroline--it's Kim (Hatch) Lucherini...I way randomly found your blog the other day and have had a fun time reading about your cute family! I thought that it's only fair that I let you know I've been lurking! :) You can find my blog at lucherinis.blogspot.com...feel free to check it out too!

Kambria said...

How fun to have a little garden of your own! Nice work! By the way we are coming up there around the 15th of August. Brooke will be coming to, can't wait to see you guys.

Taryn said...

ohh she looks so precious asleep in her carseat. And way to go on the garden..I need to do that next year :)

Mattsmom said...

LOVE IT! I am SO in love with gardening! June is so cue in the garden. I love that your took a pic of your random veggies. I was concerned that I was the only one who took pictures of her garden and produce. I like to take pics of my first harvest of the year. Last year it was a baby tomato. That pic still makes me smile. This year it was a red delicious strawberry.

Emily said...

We have loved our garden too! we planted our in boxes so there was litterally NO weeding so great! Little June is so cute. Love watching little ones eat peas!