Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Jazz Game

On January 27th we made a quick trip down to Utah to go to a Jazz game. I had gotten the tickets for Sean as an anniversary present last month. We left Idaho at around 11:30 AM leaving June with my Mom. It just so happened that my brother Preston's 19th birthday was that day too so we took down his birthday cake and presents. He goes to BYU in Provo so it worked out really well. We got to Provo at 3:30 PM and could only stay and chat at Auntie Em's for a little bit because we were on a tight schedule. We did get to stop and see my cousin's new baby boy Quinn who is so tiny and sweet. Then we were on the road again headed back to Salt Lake. We met up with Brett and Margaret and went to dinner at Macaroni Grill before the game started at 7:00 PM. It was really good food and we all got stuffed. Our tickets were extremely high up, but that was OK. It was our first Jazz game ever!!! The game was intense and we had a blast. The Jazz played the Spurs and it came down to the last minute. With twenty seconds to go the Jazz were only down by a basket, but sadly they did end up losing in the end. We had a great time though, so the final score didn't matter. We talked with Brett and Margaret for awhile back at their apartment and then left for home at around 10:30 PM. I drove back to Idaho and the roads were a dream until Malad. Then the snow started and it was blowing outside. I couldn't see the lines on the road most of the time so I just took it slow. We did make it safely back home at around 2:00 AM.
And what did my little June bug do while we were away? Played with Grandma and Rose!!! Which is one of her most favorite things to do.








7 comments:

Lori Harris said...

What a fun trip to the Jazz game and June enjoyed herself too.

Colby and Lyndsey said...

Sounds like it was a good game! Loving Junes glasses shes got on :)

Kambria said...

I am so glad that you guys made it back home safely! June is such a character, sheesh I wonder where she gets it from?

Katie M. said...

How fun. I've watched a Jazz game in the nose-bleeder section and it's still fun. I love June's little cheeser. Hope to see you on Sunday!

Jerai Moulton said...

Got to love the Jazz!! We have yet to be to a Jazz game this season! How is the pregnancy going? How are you feeling? I hope you guys are doing good! Let us know next time you're in town. We would love to see you!!

Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you yesterday when we were watching the Superbowl! Miss you dear!

Shauna said...

June is so cute! Glad to see that you guys are doing well!