Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Good Weekend

Weekends are always good around here, and since it is Summer they are even better. I guess you could say that I got an early start to all the fun this week because I got to go to Brigadoon on Thursday night. It was a girl party with my mom, sister, Krissy, and Addy. June stayed with grandma Marshall and her daddy. I hadn't seen Brigadoon since I was 12, and I had forgotten most everything so it was good to see it again. My mom played Fiona (the leading lady) in high school and she still could remember all her lines and songs she sang. It was a great production - I do love a good musical. We also got to go out for a late dinner/dessert after the show - we know how to do "girls night" the right way!!! On Friday evening we went to the batting cages (a favorite for both Sean and me). Since we play on a team we need all the practice we can get. Afterwards we went out to Amber and Carlan's (my sister and brother-in-law) new house to help them unload some stuff. Craig and Joanie (another brother and sister-in-law) were also there to help and we all had pizza and played Ticket to Ride together after the work was done. If you are looking for a good game to play I would highly recommend this one. It is so much fun and it isn't too complicated. I have yet to actually win, but I am working on it.
On Saturday we did a ton of work around our house, and as a reward we went to the Chuckers game (a minor league baseball team in I.F.) that evening. My dad got season tickets and will let us use them whenever we want - I have such an amazing dad!! My mom and dad watched June for us while we were at the game. The Chuckers ended up losing, but it got to be a pretty intense game there at the end.

And as always I have to include something about my little angel. Earlier in the week I was in the process of getting her dressed and she was standing in front of the mirror with only her diaper on and she noticed her belly button. I was probably more excited than she was, but I told her what it was and now whenever I ask "where's your belly button" she will lift up her shirt and find it. It is so dang cute and she is so blasted smart that I can hardly stand it. This is most likely boring news to all of you blogger's out there, but to me this is exciting stuff!!

6 comments:

Margaret said...

You guy do know how to have a fun weekend! I thought life was suppose to get boring once you had a kid ;)

Melanie said...

gotta love finding your bee boop!! (That's what we call it around here!) Cute cute little girl!

Emily said...

Oh I love a good musical. I bet aunt Nae' is so fun to go with too!!

I love it when my kids find there belly buttons too! Aren't kids so entertaining. I wish we got as much enjoyment out of simple things like they do.

Lori Harris said...

What a cutie June is. Hope to see you next Sat. at the baby shower for Kali.:)

Margaret said...

You asked me about backgrounds for your blog. I found the site the cutestblogontheblock.com from my sister in law's blog. It has really cute backgrounds and even instructions on how to use them.

Unknown said...

It is so good to know you are alive! And it looks like you are having a lot of fun!!