Friday, October 3, 2008

Best Visiting Teacher Ever

My visiting teachers name is Judy, and she is definitly the best visiting teacher I have ever had. Her methods are not conventional, but that just makes it all the more fun. I never know when she is going to show up at my door, but I am always glad to see her when she comes - and she comes faithfully every month. This past Tuesday I was vacuuming my living room when I looked up and saw her at my door. I of course stoped and let her in so we could chat. Judy always brings me something when she comes and this month it was a bag of apples. We got to talking though and she mentioned that she had two bags full of sliced apples in her car ready to be made into applesauce. She said I could have them if I wanted. I responded that I didn't know how to make applesauce. Judy then jumped into action and said, "well let me teach you right now!" I didn't think she was serious, but she was. The next hour was an adventure not to be forgotten. We boiled, mashed, and ground apples (Judy went home and got this cool gadget that did most of the work for us) plus we got to hunt in my scary basement for jars and lids. When we were all done I had 10 jars of applesauce all thanks to Judy. Now that's what I call visiting teaching!!!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

That is the type of visit teacher I aspire to be and fail miserably. I've had the same partner and visit teachees since we moved into the ward and last month was the first time we actually made it out visit teaching.

Kelltie said...

Seriously! You do have an amazing visiting teacher! How fun too to just be able to make applesauce on a whim! I love it!

Sarah, RN said...

You and Payton both! He made applesauce in Kindergarten today! love it...

love you!

Lori Harris said...

What a great VT! You'll have to teach me now how to bottle apples. Take care.

Robison's said...

Well everything you just said about Judy does not suprise me. I always loved it when she would bring me her homemaid bread.