Monday, September 7, 2009

Flounder

Remember Flounder from the Little Mermaid? Well, June has a Flounder that she just loves that came with her Ariel Barbie, and lately the two of them have gone everywhere with us - including on our daily walks. This past Friday we stopped at the bridge over the canal just down the road from our house (we do this every day so June can throw rocks in the water). June had Flounder and Mermaid lounging by the canal side when all of a sudden she turned to me with a distressed look on her face and pointed down the canal and said "Flounder!" Sure enough, Flounder was floating away. At first I thought he was gone for good, but June was truly upset about it. Plus, knowing my daughter, I knew that I would never hear the end of it. I could just see her throwing a "Flounder Fit" and I didn't want to deal with that. I decided to go in after the little fish. I ran down the canal bank until I was in front of Flounder, ripped off my shoes, and took the plunge. I swam out into the middle and grabbed the run-away fish and then swam back to shore. I did lose both of my socks in the water, but I got what I jumped in for, so I'm saying I came out victorious. June was excited to have her beloved Flounder back as well. I had to walk the rest of the way home sopping wet, but hey, my June bug was happy and that's all that matters. In other news, our garden is doing quite well. We have enjoyed harvesting all of the vegetables. June spotted this carrot and dug it out with a little help from me. It is the biggest carrot we have had this year. Oh, and I love that June's shoe's are on the wrong feet in this picture.
And Jack turned 2 months old back on the 3rd. He is so sweet, and the best boy ever. At his check-up he weighed 10 lbs 5 oz and was 21 1/2 in long. He is in the 25% for both.



How can you not love this boy???






8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you should get a mom of the year award. I can totally see you doing that though!

Amy and Clark said...

Oh the sacrifices a mother makes for her children!!!
June is one lucky girl!
Also, Jack is absolutely adorable. So very handsome!

Lori Harris said...

Super Mom to the Flounder rescue!! I love it!!

Your J kids are the cutest ever!!! Love them both!!

Colby and Lyndsey said...

What a great mom you are! June is adroable and Jack is so cute he looks like a Rammell! Can't wait to see him! (you guys are going to Aunt Leslees for Thanksgiving right?!?) hope so! We want to see you guys!

Margaret said...

You are dedicated for flounder... I hope you were as attached to your socks as June is to flounder

Kelltie said...

What a great story! You are a fantastic mom! Your kids are just adorable too! Baby boys I think are just so sweet too. Something different about baby boys.

tt moreno said...

wow June better never let go of flounder again!!!!!

Amber M said...

What a good mom / lifeguard you make. I have seen what floats around in that canal and I consider you the bravest mom ever (: How is the potty training going?